Welcome to my Professional Learning blog.
My name is Matt Nicoll and I am a high school teacher in New Zealand, interested in improving the classroom experience for my students. I am open to trialing new approaches and hope to use this blog to reflect on my ideas and practices.

Thursday 18 October 2012

Why am I Doing This?

It is taking a lot of time and effort to trial all of these things, but my students are actually watching the videos etc. My Year 9 class are on board with the blog, although they are very pliable so maybe it is for this reason rather than its inherent value.

However, I am reminded of discussions I had with students earlier in the year about online learning. They were pretty much unanimous in their desire to have a more complete record of each lesson online. They panic about missing lessons or work being covered too quickly. They enjoy my lessons. That is why I am doing this....

No comments:

Post a Comment